Waterfall Ellipse Phase I
Waterfall Ellipse Phase I is design and develop to meet the 4 -Star Green Star SA Office v1.1 Design and As built certification requirements. The project consist of 4 residential towers.7
The first phase has two towers Newton and Kepler. The Newton tower consists of Ground to Ninth Floor level with Penthouse levels on floors Eight and Nine. Kepler tower consists of Ground to Tenth Floor level with Penthouse levels on floor Nine and Ten.
Newton has a total of 119 dwellings, ranging from 1 to 3 bedroom units (49-300m² Units). The tower has a total dwelling rentable areas is 10 348m² and 16943 m² of Gross Floor Area( GFA).
Kepler has a total of 151 dwellings, ranging from 1 to 4 bedroom units (49-380m² Units). The tower has a total dwelling rentable areas is 11 655m² and 16943m² of Gross Floor Area( GFA).
The project is located in Waterfall strategically placed next to the mall of Africa , it is well connected to local amenities and existing public transport infrastructure.
Sustainable building features
- The architectural design provide good levels of daylight within dwellings.
- Interior finishes that have been selected minimise the contribution to levels of Volatile Organic Compounds within dwellings and common areas
- The dwelling designs and building fabric minimise greenhouse gas emissions associated with operational heating & cooling energy consumption. The thermal comfort modelling demonstrated the units are comfortable without mechanically ventilation. The energy points where therefore achieved.
- Sub-metering of major energy consuming systems is in place. Gathering information is key to understanding and managing building systems and to assess opportunities for energy savings.
- The Development is recognised for selecting a site near public transport and facilitate the use of mass transport while reducing emissions associated with transport
- Sub-metering of major water uses and each dwelling is installed to facilitate on-going management of water consumption.
- The Fire system design reduce consumption of potable water used for the development’s fire protection testing and essential water storage systems, by providing isolation valves per floor and providing storage for water used for testing
- The total greenhouse gas emissions associated with domestic hot water production within the development is reduced based on the design from the engineer.
- Two appliance provided as part of the main contract, is certified with a minimum “A‘ rating of the European “Energy Rating” labelling system.
- To encourage the uptake of products with recycled content, 1% of the project‘s contract value is represented by recycled content of aluminium windows used in the project.
- The project has reduced the absolute quantity of Portland cement by a minimum percentage, as an average across all concrete mixes, by substituting it with industrial waste product(s) or oversized aggregate. To reduce the embodied energy and resource depletion occurring through use of concrete.
- All steel used in the project has a post consumer recycled content of at least 54%
- 20% of the project‘s total contract value is represented by materials or products that have been sourced from within 400km of the site
Address: Karkloof Crescent, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066
Total gross floor area: 16925m²
Total ‘building types MUR area: 21 635m²
Car parking area: 1086m²
OWNER: Attacq & Tricolt
ACCREDITED PROFFESSIONAL: Solid Green
ARCHITECT: DHK Architect
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER: Aftek Consulting Engineers
FIRE ENGINEER: Sutherland Engineers / Crossfire
LIFT SPECIALIST: Kone
MECHANICAL ENGINEER: Spoormaker & Partners
QUANTITY SURVEYORS: Tricolt
STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS: Arup
SUSTAINABLE DESIGN REVIEW: Solid Green
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CONSULTANT: Solid Green
WET SERVICES: Sutherland Engineers
MAIN CONTRACTOR: Barrow
PROJECT MANAGER: Echo Project Managers
ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANT: Seaton Environmental
LANDSCAPE: Architects Green Inc
4-Star Green Star SA Multi Unit Residential v1 Design
4-Star Green Star SA Multi Unit Residential v1 As-Built
- Midrand, Waterfall City