Monte Circle – Building H
Building H will be a multi tenanted space situated in the rapidly growing Monte Circle precinct on the corner of William Nicol and Monte Boulevard in Fourways, North of Johannesburg.7
Monte Circle – Building H will be a multi tenanted space with 5500sqm useable area and a construction area of 14308sqm. The building will carry the same design aesthetics as the rest of the park with 345mm cavity walls around the perimeter as well an insulated timber roof with tiled roof finish. In keeping up with the precincts design guidelines, there are numerous sustainable design elements such as LED light fittings throughout, low flow sanitary ware fittings. The ability to connect all the energy as well as water meters to an offsite monitoring system as well as a few sustainable choices during the construction process. Building H is targeting a 4-star design rating.
Sustainable building features include
- Prior to construction, a comprehensive Environmental Management Plan was developed and implemented throughout the development of the building to minimize the impacts of construction work on the local environment. The building has also targeted to have over 70% of their construction waste to be reused or recycled.
- Contractors on the project have also been conscious of the materials used within the structure, making use of concrete with reduced Portland cement and reinforced steel made of 92% of recycled content.
- All selected gaseous and fire suppression systems and thermal insulants used for the development have an Ozone Depleting Potential (ODP) of zero, to eliminate any contributions to long-term damage to the earth’s stratospheric ozone layer.
- Evaporative cooling towers or other evaporative cooling systems that creates the risk of legionella disease are eliminated from the design of the building.
- Adhesive’s sealants and carpets have low VOC emissions
- The building achieves a savings using water efficient fittings that limit the occupant water usage.
- The project achieved innovation points for a GSSAAP Team- where 5 professional team members and 4 members of the main contractor has successfully completed the online Green Star New built course. Ensuring an enhanced understanding of the green star rating tool.
Address: 178 Montecasino Boulevard, Magaliessig, Sandton
Total gross floor area: 5500 m2
Total commercial office area: 5500 m2
Total building types area: 4963 m2
Car parking area: 6218 m2
ACCREDITED PROFESSIONAL: Solid Green Consulting
ARCHITECT: Nsika Architects
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER: RWP Taemane Consulting Engineers
FIRE ENGINEER: International Fire Engineering (IFESA)
LIFT SPECIALIST: Climate Control Consulting Engineers (C3 Engineers)
MECHANICAL ENGINEER: Climate Control Consulting Engineers (C3 Engineers)
QUANTITY SURVEYORS: Quanticost
STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS: L&S Consulting (Pty) Ltd
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CONSULTANT: Solid Green Consulting
WET SERVICES: Wills Franklin Pretorius (Pty) Ltd (WF-P)
MAIN CONTRACTOR: Gothic Construction
PROJECT MANAGER: Abland
ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANT Strategic Environmental Focus (Pty) Ltd
FACILITIES MANAGEMENT COMPANY Abreal
OCCUPANTIONAL HEALTH & SAFTEY MANAGER Rhulani Safety Consultants
WASTE CONTRACTOR Lifetime Plumbing
CLEANING CONTRACTOR Gothic Construction
LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT COMPANY Life Landscapes
ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR Mocwiri Electrical
LIFT SPECIALIST Schindler
- 4-Star Green Star SA Office v1.1 Design
- Fourways, Abland