The Main Straight – Building C
The Main Straight Office Park, Block C a new building in the Main Straight Office Park, developed by RPP (2017), targeting a 4-Star Office rating.7
The Main Straight Office Park Block C is a boutique 4-Star Design Office v1.1 building (targeting a Green Star Interior rating as well), situated in the heart of Bryanston, opposite the Post House Centre.
More info and pictures for The Main Staight Block C can be found in out previous article, here.
More info and pictures of the interior scheme of Boogertman + Partners’ new Johannesburg office can be found in our previous article, here.
Sustainable building features include
- The heating ventilation and air conditioning system is a cooled air system. Making use of minimal water usage. Fresh air rate is supplied at 12,5l/s/ person for 100% of the usable area.
- Lighting zones do not exceed 100m2 zones.
- Hot water supplied via heatpump.
- The lighting power density for 95% of the UA is less than 2.0W/m2 per100.
- Water closets, urinals and tape fixtures all reduce water consumption.
- Paints, adhesives sealants and carpets have low VOC emissions.
- Integrated BMS system records and logs the all energy and water usage within the building and can be displayed in real time.
Address: 392 Main Rd, Bryanston
Total gross floor area: 2265 m2
Total commercial office area: 2265m2
Car parking area: 101 bays
OWNER: RPP Developments
ARCHITECT: Boogertman & Partners
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER: Aftek Consulting Engineers
FIRE ENGINEER: IFESA
MECHANICAL ENGINEER: Climatron
QUANTITY SURVEYORS: Pentad
STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS: Sutherland Engineers
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CONSULTANT: Solid Green Consulting
WET SERVICES: Sutherland Engineers
MAIN CONTRACTOR: Iguana Contractors
PROJECT MANAGER: CPD Project Management
ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANT: Seaton Environmental Consulting
- 4-STAR GREEN STAR SA OFFICE V1.1 DESIGN