Standard Bank Nelspruit Crossing
Standard Bank Nelspruit Crossing has achieved a 5-Star – Green Star SA Interiors v1 As Built Rating, demonstrating ‘South African Excellence’.7
Standard Bank Nelspruit Crossing is located within the Standard Bank Nelspruit Crossing Centre within walking distance of both a bus and taxi station providing alternative methods for staff and visitors to commute to the office building.
An Occupancy Users Guide has been developed for the building to enlighten staff with regards to transport facilities and local amenities available in the area, as well as how to use building services to the optimum potential. A learning resources display has been implemented to monitor and report on energy usage, water consumption and waste generation by staff and building visitors. The results are continuously displayed in the foyers making building users aware of their environmental footprint. Standard bank has made an effort to reduce their waste generation by developing and implementing an operational waste management plan and providing separation bins, as well as recycling waste storage areas within the tenancy.
Standard bank has made an effort to reduce their waste generation by developing and implementing an operational waste management plan and providing separation bins, as well as recycling waste storage areas within the tenancy.
Users air quality is optimised, not only by providing fresh outside air, but also the building is fitted with CO2 sensors to ensure users get the best quality of air in the space. Additionally, certified materials products were used for furniture, flooring and assembly items and sourced from within South Africa.
Sustainable building features include
- Provision of Tuning and Commissioning for all services and installations to ensure they operate to their optimal design potential.
- Water and Energy sub-meters provide live metering results which are continuously displayed in the foyer.
- General Illuminance requirements have been met by providing sufficient lighting levels appropriate to the tasks performed throughout the fit-out.
- All exterior lighting implemented in the building has ensured that there is no light pollution into the night sky.
- Energy Star ® rated appliances. All printers and photocopy equipment are certified as having low emissions.
- Low volatile organic compounds paint, adhesives, sealants and carpets reducing the internal air pollutant levels.
- Materials and furniture that is sustainably and locally sourced. Local connectivity criteria exceed the Green Star SA Benchmark.
Address: Corner Generaal Daan Pienaar And N4 Shop 2 & 3 The Crossing Centre – Nelspruit Nelspruit Sp Outlying, Nelspruit, 1201
Total gross floor area: 3 182 m²
Total commercial office area: 3 182 m²
Car parking area: upper basement: 3477 m²
OWNER: STANDARD BANK
ARCHITECTS: OTO Architects
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER: Electrode Electrical Contractor
MECHANICAL ENGINEER: Temperature Technology
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CONSULTANT: Solid Green Consulting
BMS CONSULTANT: Energy Insight
MAIN CONTRACTOR: GPT
PROJECT MANAGER: GPT
QUANTITY SURVEYOR: GPT
- 5-Star Green Star SA Interiors v1 As-Built
- Standard Bank, Nelspruit