Barloworld Automotive & Logistics
The Barloworld Logistics project is a new commercial office situated within the Irene Link precinct in Irene, Pretoria. The project forms part of the larger Irene Link precinct and will extend between Impala Avenue and Alexander Road.7
Barloworld Automotive & Logistics is the first development within the mixed-use precinct. More info about this project can be found in our article here.
Sustainable building features include
- External shading is provided to the Northern facades. This leads to improved thermal comfort while still allowing for good levels of daylight and external views.
- The building has made use of 100% LED light fittings. These are connected to motion sensors to ensure the lights are not in use when not needed.
- Cyclist facilities for staff and visitors have been provided.
- Low flow/flush water closets, urinals and faucet fixtures have been selected to ensure potable water usage is minimised. Potable water consumption is further reduced through the use of a rainwater harvesting and water purification system which provides water into the building.
- Paints, adhesives sealants and carpets have low VOC emissions.
- Energy and water sub metering have been employed. This will enable the building to be effectively managed and the outcomes of the implemented sustainable initiatives realised. The meters are connected to a system which presents live data on a visual display in the reception area of the building.
- The project has an extensive photovoltaic installation on the roof which will reduce the building’s energy consumption annually by 202.9MWh.
Address: Erf 1134, Impala Avenue, Irene, Centurion, Pretoria
Total gross floor area: 5859m2
Total commercial office area: 5223m2
Car parking area: 4895m2
DEVELOPER: ABLAND (PTY) LTD
ACCREDITED PROFESSIONAL: SOLID GREEN CONSULTING
ARCHITECT: NSIKA ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER: TAEMANE CONSULTING (PTY) LTD CONSULTING ENGINEERS
FIRE ENGINEER: Ronald Koekemoer & Associates Fire Protection Engineering Consultants
MECHANICAL ENGINEER: C3 ENGINEERING
QUANTITY SURVEYORS: QUANTICOST
STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS: DG Consulting Engineers (Pty) Ltd
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CONSULTANT: SOLID GREEN CONSULTING
WET SERVICES: GK Pereira Consulting
MAIN CONTRACTOR: WBHO
PROJECT MANAGER: ABLAND (PTY) LTD
LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT COMPANY: Insite Landscape Architects
- 5-Star Green Star Office v1.1 Design
- Centurion, Abland