Built with the aim of creating a great place for employees to work in, Nedbank Clocktower Campus is an exceptional structure that’s also good for the environment.7
Sustainable building features include
Sustainable plans, policies and programmes for:
- Management of storm water aimed at limiting the disruption of natural hydrology, pollution and site deterioration.
- Management of solid waste and material aimed at increasing the amount of waste diverted from landfill and the treatment of waste and material disposal.
- Indoor Air Quality Manager has been appointed to manage the indoor environment.
The building undergoes regular performance audits which includes the assessment of:
- Indoor air quality assessment in order to maintain a healthy and productive environment.
- Daylight and artificial lighting levels needed to prevent visual fatigue and reduce eye strain
- Legionella assessment to ensure there is no threat of Legionnaires disease
Other sustainable building features include:
- Energy efficient lighting – fluorescents fitted with high frequency ballasts.
- Flow restrictors and water efficient toilets.
- Reduced glare from direct sunlight with the use of blinds.
Address: Nedbank, 2nd Floor, H Block, 135 Rivonia Road, Sandown, South Africa
Total commercial office area: 25 431 m2
ACCREDITED PROFESSIONAL: SOLID GREEN CONSULTING
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CONSULTANT: SOLID GREEN CONSULTING
FACILITIES MANAGEMENT COMPANY: NEDBANK
- 3-Star Green Star SA EBP v1
- V&A Waterfront, Nedbank