Nedbank 135 Rivonia Road
The Nedbank Head Office campus site, located at 135 Rivonia Road in Sandton is arranged in two Phases and consists of 9 separate buildings. Phase 1 was developed first and was opened in 2003.7
The Green Star rating of Phase 2 initiated the local development of Green Star compliant carpeting and low-VOC paint, previously not available in the South African market.
The Nedbank property team is committed to a long-term Green Building strategy, focussed primarily on the Green Star Existing Building certification, that will see all Nedbank buildings certified by 2030.
Sustainable building features include
Sustainable plans, policies and programmes for:
- Management of solid waste and material aimed at increasing the amount of waste diverted from landfill and the treatment of waste and material disposal.
- Indoor Air Quality Manager has been appointed to manage the indoor environment.
- A Green Cleaning policy has been developed to guide and encourage the use of high performance cleaning practices.
- A Green Transport plan is in place including a staff car-pooling initiative and shower facilities for cyclists.
The building undergoes regular performance audits which includes the assessment of:
- Indoor air quality assessment in order to maintain a healthy and productive environment.
- Daylight and artificial lighting levels needed to prevent visual fatigue and reduce eye strain.
- Legionella assessment to ensure there is no threat of Legionnaires disease.
- Maintenance and process audits.
Other sustainable building features include:
- Energy efficient lighting – fluorescents fitted with high frequency ballasts.
- Flow restrictors and water efficient toilets.
- Granular metering to monitor and manage both water and energy consumption.
- Use of rainwater harvesting for toilet flushing via a separate reticulation system (Phase 2).
- Reduced glare from direct sunlight with the use of blinds.
Address: Nedbank, 135 Rivonia Road, Sandown, South Africa, 2196
ACCREDITED PROFESSIONAL: SOLID GREEN CONSULTING
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CONSULTANT: SOLID GREEN CONSULTING
FACILITIES MANAGEMENT COMPANY: NEDBANK
- 3-Star Green Star SA EBP v1
- Sandown, Nedbank