The Firmenich South Africa interior fit-out, located in Midrand Johannesburg, is a two-level interior fit-out that aims to be an industry leader by implementing sustainable fitout strategies and renewable resources.7
The site is situated within an industrial zone with a good transport network and in close proximity to access to highways. The building itself has a glazed façade that ensures the majority of the interior has access to daylighting and external views. Renewable energy and potable water use reduction has been fundamental and a PV system that provides almost 100% of the energy requirements and rainwater harvesting systems that provides for the needs of all the landscape irrigation.
Sustainable building features include
- PV Solar System installed for renewable energy
- Rainwater Harvesting System
- 100% of lighting used within the building is LED the most efficient option.
- Sub-metering of major water and energy-consuming systems has been installed. Gathering information is key to understanding and managing building systems and assessing opportunities for water and energy savings.
- Live metering has been provided to ensure
- More than 80% of the office usable area being provided with views to the outside ensures a good indoor environmental quality for staff.
- Sanitary fittings have been selected to ensure water consumption is minimized.
- Energy Efficient Equipment has been selected
A sufficiently sized waste recycling storage area has been provided ensuring operational waste sent to landfills can be minimized.
Insulation all have an ozone depleting potential of zero
Address: Rds, Cnr 16th &, Pharmaceutical Rd, Midrand, 1685
Total gross floor area: 5500 m2
Total commercial office area: 5500 m2
Total building types are: 4963 m2
Car parking area: 6218 m2
DEVELOPER: FirmenichACCREDITED PROFESSIONAL: Solid Green Consulting
INTERIOR ARCHITECT: Tetris
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER: Presto Electrical
MECHANICAL ENGINEER: SFGP
QUANTITY SURVEYORS: Tetris
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CONSULTANT: Solid Green Consulting
WET SERVICES: Tetris
PROJECT MANAGER: Tetris
- 6-Star Green Star SA Interiors v1
- Midrand, Firmenich