Mbombela Square is part of the new state-of-the-art multi-use spatial development in Mbombela, Mpumalanga, a development committed to sustainable development.7
Mbombela Square, certified 4-star Green Star SA Office v1 Design, is part of the new spatial development framework in Mbombela. The development commitment to sustainable design is reflected by the construction of the state-of-the-art multi-use development in Mpumalanga, South Africa. The square development includes restaurants and amenities within easy walking access to the site.
The new offices boast various spaces to work privately, collaboratively and interact socially. The building has an efficient HVAC system, central lift core and service core connecting to the waste and service areas. Hot water is efficiently supplied by heat pump to the shower facilities and kitchens. The building and site lighting is efficiently designed with 100% LED lighting, incorporating electronic control gear, maintained within 100m2 zones at 1.7W/m2. All external lighting does not emit lighting into the night sky thereby reducing light pollution on site.
Sustainable building features include
- The heating ventilation and air conditioning system is a cooled air system. Making use of minimal water usage. Fresh air rate is supplied at 10l/s/person for 100% of the usable area.
- Majority of lights have been fitted with motion sensors.
- The lighting power density for 100% of the UA is less than 2.0W/m2 per100 Lux at 720 mm AFL with a default maintenance factor of 0.8
- Water closets, urinals and tape fixtures all reduce water consumption. WC’s and urinals all fitted with actuators to reduce and control water consumption.
- Paints, adhesives sealants and carpets have low VOC emissions.
- Integrated BMS system records and logs the all energy and water usage within the building and can be displayed in real time.
- Project disclosed financial cost providing green building cost premium
- 100% LED light fittings fitted in the building and on site
Address: Mbombela Square, Samora Machel Drive, Nelspruit
Total gross floor area: 13836 m2
Total commercial office area: 13836 m2
Car parking area: 13833 m2
OWNER: PASQA AFRICA
ACCREDITED PROFFESSIONAL: SOLID GREEN CONSULTING
ARCHITECT: ORBIC ARCHITECTS
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER: PIENAAR & ERWEE ENGINEERS
FIRE ENGINEER: INGPLAN CONSULTING ENGINEERS
MECHANICAL ENGINEER: INGPLAN CONSULTING ENGINEERS
QUANTITY SURVEYORS: PASQA
STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS: ENDECON ENGINEERING CONSULTANTS
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CONSULTANT: SOLID GREEN CONSULTING
WET SERVICES: INGPLAN CONSULTING ENGINEERS
MAIN CONTRACTOR: TRENCON
PROJECT MANAGER: PASQA AFRICA
ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANT: ECO-8 ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNERS
LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT COMPANY: LTLA LANDSCAPE
- 4-star Green Star SA Office v1 Design
- Mbombela, Mpumalanga