35 Lower Long
35 Lower Long a new building in Cape Town, developed by Abland (2018), is a boutique 4-Star Design Office v1.1 building.7
35 Lower Long is situated on De Waterkant within close proximity to the V&A Waterfront and Cape Town Invention Centre.
Sustainable building features include
- The heating ventilation and air conditioning system is a cooled air system. Making use of minimal water usage. Fresh air rate is supplied at 12,5l/s/person for 100% of the usable area.
- Lighting zones do not exceed 100m2 zones.
- Hot water supplied via heatpump.
- The lighting power density for 95% of the UA is less than 1.5W/m2 per100m2.
- Water closets, urinals and tape fixtures all reduce water consumption.
- Paints, adhesives sealants and carpets have low VOC emissions.
Address: 35 Lower Long Street, Cape Town
Total gross floor area: 13802 m2
Total commercial office area: 13452 m2
Car parking area: 280 bays
OWNER: ABLAND (PTY) LTD and Ellerine Bros (PTY) LTD
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER: Converge Consulting
FIRE ENGINEER: Sutherland Engineers
MECHANICAL ENGINEER: Ekcon Engineers
QUANTITY SURVEYORS: Du Toit Pienaar Quantity Surveyors
STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS: Aurecon Engineers
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CONSULTANT: Solid Green Consulting
WET SERVICES: Sutherland Engineers
MAIN CONTRACTOR: Stabilid Cape
PROJECT MANAGER: ABLAND (PTY) LTD
ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANT: Green Direction
- 4-STAR GREEN STAR SA OFFICE V1.1 DESIGN
- Cape Town