110 Oxford Road
110 Oxford Road developed by Barrow, is committed to designing and developing the project to meet the 4 Star Green Star SA Office v1.1 Design certification requirements.7
The project is targeting a 4-star design rating as part of a multiple-building certification. The project is located in Rosebank, Johannesburg. More info here.
Address: 110 Oxford Rd, Rosebank, Johannesburg, 2196
Total gross floor area: 5433 m²
Total commercial office area: 4623 m²
Car parking area: 7468 m²
Sustainable building features include
Some energy, water and environmental initiatives Include:
- Minimisation of Greenhouse Gas Emissions associated with operational energy consumption is reduced. An energy model of the building was generated and in the design stages of the building compared to a notional building model. The building design demonstrated an improvement over a SANS 10400 notional building.
- Provision is made to ensure all individual spaces or enclosed spaces are individually switched with occupancy sensors. This will offer greater flexibility for light switching, making it easy to light only occupied areas.
- The office lighting design ensures the use of artificial lighting with minimal energy consumption as the energy use of less than 1.5 W/m² per 100 Lux was set for the office lighting power densities.
- Tobacco smoke is prohibited inside the building to ensure air quality benefits to the building occupants.
- All selected gaseous and fire suppression systems and thermal insulants used for the development have an Ozone Depleting Potential (ODP) of zero, to eliminate any contributions to long-term damage to the earth’s stratospheric ozone layer.
- Evaporative cooling towers or other evaporative cooling systems that creates the risk of legionella disease are eliminated from the design of the building.
- The building achieves a savings using water efficient fittings that limit the occupant water usage
- Sub-metering of major water consuming systems is in place. Gathering information is key to understanding and managing building systems and to assess opportunities for water savings.
- Potable water consumption for landscape irrigation has been reduced through smart metering and selection of waterwise plants.
- The project achieved innovation points for a GSSAAP Team- where 5 professional team members and 4 members of the main contractor has successfully completed the online Green Star New built course. Ensuring an enhanced understanding of the green star rating tool.
OWNER: Barrow Construction (PTY) Ltd
ACCREDITED PROFFESSIONAL: Solid Green Consulting cc
ARCHITECT: Paragon Architects
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER: One Zero Consulting
MECHANICAL ENGINEER: Adaptive Resources Engineers
QUANTITY SURVEYORS: Barrow Construction (PTY) Ltd
STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS: Kantey & Templer
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CONSULTANT: Solid Green Consulting
MAIN CONTRACTOR: Barrow Construction (PTY) Ltd
PROJECT MANAGER: Barrow Construction (PTY) Ltd
- 4-Star Green Star SA Office v1.1 Design
- Rosebank, Barrow Construction