Park Lane West
Park Lane West is a new office building located within the Menlyn Maine precinct. Menlyn Maine is a redevelopment of a +/-100 residential building in an already established commercial centre.7
Park Lane West is located between the Menlyn Maine Central Square retail centre and other office buildings such as the Spaces Building, GEMS building and Nedbank Menlyn as well as the Trilogy collection residential building. Situated between Atterbury, Garsfontein, January Masilela and Lois Avenue in the east of Pretoria, the precinct has been developed to combine office, residential, retail and entertainment while densifying the previously low-density residential suburb.
Menlyn Maine together with Barrow Construction have realised the completion of the Park Lane West building in line with its original vision with an impressive internal atrium covered by a steel and glass roof. A white cantilever staircase is an attractive feature within the space that connects all floors and hopefully entices users to skip the lift for the stairs. With more buildings in the precinct being completed, this buildings location between commercial office, residential and entertainment as well as health care facilities is beginning to really show the healthy lifestyle benefits of mixed used urban precincts.
The Park Lane West building offices has been designed to be a multi tenanted building with maximum flexibility to enable both large and small tenancies within its space. This 7 storey building fits seamlessly between the other offices without turning its back on any of its neighbours and with its double volume entrance relates perfectly to the retail centre on the west.
Address: Cnr Amarand and Bankor Avenue, Waterkloof Glen X2, Pretoria, 0180
Total gross floor area: 19 900 m²
Total commercial office area: 19 369 m²
Car parking area: 17 518 m²
Sustainable Building Features
- Fresh air is provided into the building at a rate of 12.5ℓ/s/p
- Energy uses of 100kVA or greater and all major water uses are sub-metered & controlled via BMS
- The building has waterless urinals and rainwater is harvested for WC flushing and to irrigate the landscape. Efficient sanitary fittings and fixtures reduce potable water demand.
- The building was delivered as shell and core with the tenant fit-outs to be executed on a different contract as integrated fit-outs. This ensures less construction waste throughout the building life span than a typical generic office fit-out.
- Paints and carpets have low VOC which contribute to heathier indoor environments for building users.
- The open and attractive staircase in the building atrium reminds building occupants of the option to take the stairs instead of the lifts and entices them to do so more often also contributing to occupant wellbeing.
- More than 5 members of the professional team and 4 representatives from the contractor have completed the GBCSA New Building online Accredited Professional course.
- The building aims at achieving both Design and As Built ratings.
- The building is located within walking distance from more than 10 amenities reducing occupant’s need to travel to run errand and contributes to greater wellbeing.
OWNER: PARKLANE WEST CO-OWNERSHIP, MENLYN MAINE INVESTMENT HOLDINGS & BARROW PROPERTIES (Pty) Ltd
ACCREDITED PROFFESSIONAL: SOLID GREEN CONSULTING
ARCHITECT: BOOGERTMAN + PARTNERS
LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT: BERTA WIUM LANDSCAPE DEVELOPMENT
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER: RWP TAEMANE CONSULTING ENGINEERS
FIRE ENGINEER: WSP
MECHANICAL ENGINEER: C3 ENGINEERS
QUANTITY SURVEYORS: RLB PENTAD QUANTITY SURVEYORS
STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS: WSP STRUCTURES AFRICA
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CONSULTANT: SOLID GREEN CONSULTING
WET SERVICES: WSP BUILDING SERVICES AFRICA
MAIN CONTRACTOR: BARROW CONSTRUCTION
PROJECT MANAGER: BOOGERTMAN + PARTNERS & MMIH
ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANT: LEAP ENVIRO
INTERIOR DESIGNER: BOOGERTMAN + PARTNERS INTERIORS
OCCUPANTIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER: CAIRNMEAD
- Park Lane West: Shaping Sustainability in Urban Living
- Park Lane West delivers human-centred design
- Download Building Users Guide (.PUB)
4-Star Green Star SA Office v1.1 Office
4-Star Green Star SA Office v1.1 As-built