The Ingress Phase I
A new office development situated in Waterfall City, The Ingress Offices Phase 1, consists of a multiple building rating for building 1 & 2.7
Phase 1 has successfully been recognised as Best Practice by implementing 4 Star Green Star SA Office v1.1 Design standards.
Sustainable building features include
Energy, Water and Environmental initiatives
- Minimisation of Greenhouse Gas Emissions associated with operational energy consumption is reduced by 48%. The use of energy modelling of the building was performed in the design stages of the building and compared to a notional building model.
- Sub-metering and an effective mechanism for monitoring energy is provided to facilitate ongoing management of energy consumption.
- The lighting power density for artificial light is limited to a maximum of 1.50W/m² per 100 lux to ensure minimal energy consumption.
- Provision is made to ensure that all individual spaces or enclosed spaces are not greater than 100m2 and are individually switched through motion sensors in all these spaces. This will offer greater flexibility for light switching, making it easy to light only occupied areas.
- The building made use of water efficient sanitary fittings which reduce potable water consumption by building occupants.
- Water meters and an automated monitoring mechanism are in place to effectively monitor and manage water consumption
- Potable water consumption for landscape irrigation has been reduced through the use of water wise landscaping and efficient irrigation systems.
- The building’s discharge to sewer has been reduced by 50% against an average practice benchmark due to reduction in potable water use
- A dedicated storage space with easy access is provided to facilitate the recycling and collection of office waste.
- At least 95% of interior finishes such as paints, adhesives & sealants, and carpets that minimize the contribution of Volatile Organic Compounds are utilized.
- The project has reduced the absolute quantity of Portland Cement by 30% across all concrete uses during construction. This results in a reduction of the embodied energy and resource depletion which associated with concrete with a high Portland Cement content.
- Reused or post-consumer recycled content steel is utilized in the project to minimize the embodied energy and resource depletion associated with the use of virgin steel.
Address: Cnr Magwa &, Lone Creek Cres, Waterfall City, Gauteng 2090
Total gross floor area: 9293 m²
Total commercial office area: 7802 m²
Car parking area: 12588 m²
OWNER: Attacq Waterfall Investment Company
ACCREDITED PROFFESSIONAL: Solid Green Consulting
ARCHITECT: ARC Architects Pretoria
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER: Claassen Auret Electrical and Electronic Consulting Engineers
FIRE ENGINEER: WSP
MECHANICAL ENGINEER: Q Mech Consulting Engineers
QUANTITY SURVEYORS: RLB Pentad Quality Engineer
STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS: EDS Africa Consulting Pty ltd
SUSTAINABLE DESIGN REVIEW: Solid Green Consulting
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CONSULTANT: Solid Green Consulting
WET SERVICES: Green Planet Engineer Services
MAIN CONTRACTOR: ArchStone Construction
PROJECT MANAGER: Attacq Waterfall Investment Company
ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANT: Ecology International Pty ltd
LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT COMPANY: Land Arch
BMS SYSTEMS PROFESSIONAL: Classen Auret Electrical and Electronic Consulting Engineers
- 4-Star Green Star SA Office v1.1 Design
- Waterfall City, Attacq