The Nedbank George Campus at 108 York Street in George serves as a home for the Nedbank businesses in the Garden Route area.7
In 2019, a roof-top solar PV was installed in support of Nedbank’s sustainability strategy. The Nedbank property team is committed to a long-term Green Building strategy, focussed primarily on the Green Star Existing Building certification, which aims to see all Nedbank buildings certified by 2030.
Sustainable building features include
Sustainable plans, policies and programmes for:
- Management of solid waste and material aimed at increasing the amount of waste diverted from landfill and the treatment of waste and material disposal.
- Indoor Air Quality Manager has been appointed to manage the indoor environment.
- A Green Cleaning policy has been developed to guide and encourage the use of high performance cleaning practices.
The building undergoes regular performance audits which includes the assessment of:
- Indoor air quality assessment in order to maintain a healthy and productive environment.
- Daylight and artificial lighting levels needed to prevent visual fatigue and reduce eye strain.
- Legionella assessment to ensure there is no threat of Legionnaires disease.
- Maintenance and process audits.
Other sustainable building features include:
- Energy efficient lighting – fluorescents fitted with high frequency ballasts.
- Flow restrictors on all taps and water efficient toilets.
- A solar PV plant which is located on our roof, this system provides us with around 86KWH of electrical energy per year. This reaffirms our desire to focus on sustainable energy solutions and the benefits thereof. This not only benefits Nedbank in terms of reducing our costs but also reduces our impact on the environment.
- Reduced glare from direct sunlight with the use of blinds.
Address: 108 York Street, George, South Africa, 6529
ACCREDITED PROFESSIONAL: SOLID GREEN CONSULTING
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CONSULTANT: SOLID GREEN CONSULTING
FACILITIES MANAGEMENT COMPANY: NEDBANK
- 5-Star Green Star SA EBP v1
- George, Nedbank