Monte Circle – Building D
Building D is the fourth of 11 planned office buildings within Monte Circle commercial office park development in Fourways, Johannesburg, which will create an internal ‘high street’ feel accessed along a central spine road.7
Monte Circle is an exciting commercial office park development situated in Fourways, Johannesburg. The project forms part of the larger Montecasino precinct, and will extend along Montecasino Boulevard between William Nicol and Witkoppen Road.
The architecture is a reinterpretation of the classical architecture of Montecasino, this reinterpretation introduces several contemporary design elements thereby creating a unique character which forms a dialogue with Montecasino across the road. The architecture also contributes to the precinct’s sense of place. Practical completion Building D is June 2019.
Sustainable building features include
- External shading is provided to the Eastern, Western and Northern facades, using adjustable sliding shutters to window openings. This leads to improved thermal comfort while still allowing for good levels of daylight and external views.
- A majority of lights have been fitted with motion sensors.
- No hot water has been provided for in the building
- The lighting power density for 95% of the UA is less than 1.5W/m2 per100 Lux at 720 mm AFL with a default maintenance factor of 0.8
- Water closets, urinals and faucet fixtures all reduce water consumption. WC’s and urinals all fitted with actuators to reduce and control water consumption.
- Paints, adhesives sealants and carpets have low VOC emissions.
- Basements are naturally ventilated
- Energy and water sub metering have been employed. This will enable the building to be effectively managed and the outcomes of the implemented sustainable initiatives realised.
Address: 64 Montecasino Boulevard, Fourways, Johannesburg
Total gross floor area: 5574 m2
Total commercial office area: 5574 m2
Car parking area: 6465 m2
DEVELOPER: ABLAND (PTY) LTD
ACCREDITED PROFESSIONAL: SOLID GREEN CONSULTING
ARCHITECT: NSIKA ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER: TAEMANE CONSULTING (PTY) LTD CONSULTING ENGINEERS
FIRE ENGINEER: IFESA
MECHANICAL ENGINEER: C3 ENGINEERING
QUANTITY SURVEYORS: QUANTICOST
STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS: L&S CONSULTING (PTY) LTD
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CONSULTANT: SOLID GREEN CONSULTING
WET SERVICES: CKR
MAIN CONTRACTOR: GOTHIC
PROJECT MANAGER: ABLAND (PTY) LTD
LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT COMPANY: LANDMARK STUDIOS
- 4-Star Green Star SA Office v1.1 Design
- Fourways, Abland