Menlyn Central, situated in the heart of the Menlyn Maine precinct offers 12 000m² of premium office space and boasts some of the most advanced building features for businesses, as has been earned a 4-Star Green Star SA Office v1.1 Design rating.7
This 4-Star Green Star building is equipped with modern security systems, lower energy consumption features and interiors were designed to facilitate greater productivity and flexibility. Menlyn Central connects seamlessly with the N1 highway and has access to excellent local amenities such as top retail shops, hotels, conference facilities, health clubs and a variety of value-added services.
Sustainable Building Features
- Low flow/flush water closets, urinals and faucet fixtures have been selected to ensure potable water usage is minimised.
- Paints, adhesives sealants and carpets have low VOC emissions.
- Energy and water sub metering have been employed. This will enable the building to be effectively managed and the outcomes of the implemented sustainable initiatives realised. The meters are connected to a system which presents live data on a visual display in the reception area of the building.
- 100% of lighting installed in the building is LED.
- An energy efficient 4-pipe chilled water system is used to condition the air in the building. This is coupled with a thermal energy storage system. The combined effect results in an energy efficient building which also has a significantly reduced peak energy demand during the day.
- Flow sensors will be installed on all sanitary ware to detect water leaks from taps and flush mechanisms
- 3 Phase electric car charging stations will be installed on all Office Parking levels
- Menlyn Central is situated within walking distance to Menlyn Shopping Centre and various other amenities. Both the Gautrain and public bus services pass by the Menlyn Central site. The building’s location encourages the reduction of single motorist car travel. It also enables building users to access community amenities with ease leading to a reduction in the overall number of automobile trips taken by building users
Address: 125 Dallas Avenue, Waterkloof Glen
Total gross floor area: 13626m²
Total commercial office area: 10753m²
Car parking area: 14545m²
OWNER: Abland (Pty) Ltd obo Menlyn Maine Towers (Pty) Ltd
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER: CKR
QUANTITY SURVEYORS: Quanticost
ARCHITECTS: Boogertman and Partners
FIRE ENGINEER: Ronnie Koekemoer
MECHANICAL ENGINEER: C3 Engineers
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CONSULTANT: Solid Green Consulting
WET SERVICES: GK Pereira Consulting
STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS: DG Consulting
PROJECT MANAGER: Abland (Pty) Ltd
SUSTAINABLE DESIGN REVIEW: Solid Green Consulting
MAIN CONTRACTOR: WBHO Construction
- 4-Star Green Star SA Office v1.1 Design
- Waterkloof Glen, Abland