Lakeview Phase II
Lakeview Phase II Office Development achieved a 5 Star- Green Star SA Office v1.1 AS Built Rating. This is a commendable sustainable achievement and is recognised as ‘Excellence’.7
East Facade 01_page1_image1
East Facade 02_page1_image1
East Facade 03_page1_image1
East Facade 05_page1_image1
Lakeview 2017 – Building 2 Bridge Link-1
Lakeview 2017 – Building 2 Lobby & Bathrooms-1
Lakeview Nedbank Signage 2018.05.21_1
Lakeview Nedbank Signage 2018.05.21_63 – Photo
Lakeview Nedbank Signage 2018.05.21_64 – Photo
The building comprises of three basement levels; Lower, Middle and Upper Basement, and four office levels; Ground Floor to Third Floor. The office building forms part of Phase II of the Office Park development. For the project to obtain the rating individual sustainable initiatives were required to be met.
Sustainable building features include
- Sub-metering of major energy consuming systems is in place. Gathering information is key to understanding and managing building systems and to assess opportunities for energy savings.
- Minimisation of Greenhouse Gas Emissions associated with operational energy consumption is reduced. An energy model of the building was generated and in the design stages of the building compared to a notional building model. The building design showed an improvement over a SANS 10400 notional building.
- Provision is made to ensure all individual spaces or enclosed spaces are individually switched with occupancy sensors. This will offer greater flexibility for light switching, making it easy to light only occupied areas.
- The project saves energy by providing office lighting that is not over designed. This is achieved as the office lighting design achieves an average maintained illuminance level of no more than 400 Lux .
- The office lighting design ensures the use of artificial lighting with minimal energy consumption as the energy use of 2 W/m² per 100 Lux was set for the office lighting power densities.
- A high level of thermal comfort is ensured by addressing the internal operative temperatures through modelling and ensuring they are within the ASHRAE Standard 55-2004 Acceptability Limits for at least 98% of occupied hours
- Tobacco smoke is prohibited inside the building to ensure air quality benefits to the building occupants.
- All selected gaseous and fire suppression systems and thermal insulants used for the development have an Ozone Depleting Potential (ODP) of zero, to eliminate any contributions to long-term damage to the earth’s stratospheric ozone layer.
- A project specific Environmental Management Plan was developed and implemented throughout the duration of construction to establish guidelines to follow to minimise the environmental impact associated with construction activities.
- A project specific Waste Management Plan was developed and implemented to minimise the contribution of waste going to landfill. And reduce the environmental impact of the project.
- Evaporative cooling towers or other evaporative cooling systems that creates the risk of legionella disease are eliminated from the design of the building.
- The building achieves a savings through the use of water efficient fittings that limit the occupant water usage to 0.4L/day/m2
- Sub-metering of major water consuming systems is in place. Gathering information is key to understanding and managing building systems and to assess opportunities for water savings.
- The building is designed to reduce the consumption of potable water for the building’s fire protection and essential water storage systems
Address: 16 Constantia Blvd., Constantia Kloof, Roodepoort, 1709
Total gross floor area: 13244 m²
Total commercial office area: 12599 m²
Total office UA area: 11069 m²
Car parking area: 12898 m²
ACCREDITED PROFFESSIONAL: Solid Green Consulting
ARCHITECT: MWLF Architects
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER: Claassen Auret
FIRE ENGINEER: IFE SA International Fire Engineering
LIFT SPECIALIST: Quality in Motion
MECHANICAL ENGINEER: Spoormakers and Partners
QUANTITY SURVEYORS: Quanticost
STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS: WSP
SUSTAINABLE DESIGN REVIEW: Solid Green Consulting
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CONSULTANT: Solid Green Consulting
WET SERVICES: MWLF Architects
MAIN CONTRACTOR: Tiber
PROJECT MANAGER: Morta Project Management
LANDSCAPE DESIGNERS: Connie Pretorius Landscaping
IRRIGATION CONSULTANT: Controlled Irrigation cc
4-Star Green Star Office v1.1 Design
5-Star Green Star Office v1.1 As Built
- Abland, Roodepoort