Irene Link – Building B
Irene Link – Building B, is the second building in the new Irene Link Precinct commercial office park situated in Irene, Centurion.7
The project forms part of the larger Irene Link precinct and will extend along N1 Highway up to the Botha Avenue off-ramp.
The building was designed to have its own strong identity and visual impact adjacent to the existing Green Star rated Barloworld Automotive and Logistics building. In keeping with the envisioned architectural language of the precinct, the design employs high performance glazing, off shutter concrete feature elements, textured exterior rendering and aluminium sun screening – contemporary materials that knit the building into its context whilst maintaining a unique architectural identity.
Sustainable Building Features
- 100% of lighting used within the building is LED, the most efficient option.
- Sub-metering of major water and energy consuming systems has been installed. Gathering information is key to understanding and managing building systems and to assess opportunities for water and energy savings.
- Motion sensors to lighting in basements and lobbies/toilets.
- A thermal energy storage system has been installed reducing the building’s peak energy demand.
- A live display of energy, water and the building’s Green Star rating achievements is positioned within the main reception enabling all users to see how the building is performing.
- Attractive and accessible staircase designed to encourages use over lifts
- Sanitary fittings have been selected to ensure water consumption is minimised.
Address: Erf 1139 Doringkloof, 9 Impala Avenue, Irene, Centurion, Pretoria
Total gross floor area: 2 780 m²
Total commercial office area: 6 110 m²
Car parking area: 6 638 m² (basement parking), 2800 m² (open parking bays)
DEVELOPER: ABLAND (PTY) LTD
ACCREDITED PROFESSIONAL: SOLID GREEN CONSULTING
ARCHITECT: NSIKA ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER: TAEMANE CONSULTING (PTY) LTD CONSULTING ENGINEERS
FIRE ENGINEER: Ronald Koekemoer & Associates Fire Protection Engineering Consultants
MECHANICAL ENGINEER: C3 Engineers
QUANTITY SURVEYORS: QuantiCost
STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS: DG Consulting Engineers (Pty) Ltd
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CONSULTANT: SOLID GREEN CONSULTING
WET SERVICES: CKR Consulting Engineers
MAIN CONTRACTOR: WBHO
PROJECT MANAGER: ABLAND (PTY) LTD
LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT COMPANY: Daniel Rebel Landscape Architects
- 4-Star Green Star SA Office v1.1 Design
- Centurion, ABLAND