GEMS Menlyn Maine Orion Building
The new Gems building is situated in the Menlyn Maine precinct in Waterkloof Glen. Situated between Atterbury, Garsfontein, January Masilela and Lois Avenue in the east of Pretoria.7
The precinct has been developed to combine office, residential, retail and entertainment while densifying the previously low-density residential suburb. Menlyn Maine aims to be the first Green Living Precinct in South Africa.
Menlyn Maine aims to create an urban environment with a distinct architectural and rich urban character and identity. The new Gems building is designed to fit seamlessly into the Menlyn Maine precinct offering its occupants easy access to conveniently situated amenities, public transport and entertainment facilities.
The Gems offices has been designed for the occupants and with the specific needs of the company in mind. This 5 storey building is located between January Masilela road and Mercy Avenue in the eastern side of the precincts. The new office boasts various spaces to work privately, collaboratively and interact socially.
Address: CNR AMARAND AND MERCY AVENUE, WATERKLOOF GLEN X2, PRETORIA, 0181
Total gross floor area: 4554 m²
Total commercial office area: 3892 m²
Car parking area: 4210 m²
Sustainable building features include
- Fresh air is provided into the building at a rate of 12.5ℓ/s/p
- Over 90% of the building light fittings are LEDs.
- Efficient lighting and occupancy sensors
- Energy uses of 100kVA or greater and all major water uses are sub-metered & controlled via BMS
- The building has waterless urinals and rainwater is harvested for wc flushing and to irrigate the landscape. Efficient sanitary fittings and fixtures reduce potable water demand.
- Paints, adhesives & sealants and carpets have low VOC
- More than 5 members of the professional team and 4 representatives from the contractor have completed the GBCSA New Building online Accredited Professional course.
- The building is aiming to also obtain an As-Built rating
- The building is located in walking distance of more than 10 amenities
OWNER: Menlyn Maine Investment Holdings
ARCHITECTS: Boogertman + Partners
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER: RWP
FIRE ENGINEER: WSP
LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS: ILA
MECHANICAL ENGINEER: C3
QUANTITY SURVEYORS: RLB
STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS: WSP
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CONSULTANT: Solid Green Consulting
WET SERVICES: WSP
MAIN CONTRACTOR: WBHO
PROJECT MANAGER: Menlyn Maine Investment Holdings
5-star Green Star SA Office v1.1 Design
5-star Green Star SA Office v1.1 As-Built
- Waterkloof, Menlyn Maine