112 Oxford Street Building 3 & 4
112 Oxford Street, Building 3 & 4 developed by Barrow, committed to design and develop the project to meet the 4 Star Green Star SA Office v1.1 Design certification requirements.7
112 Oxford Street, Building 3 & 4 consist of 2 buildings, each targeting the same 4-star design rating as part of a multiple building certification. The project is located in Rosebank, Johannesburg.
Sustainable building features include
- Minimisation of Greenhouse Gas Emissions associated with operational energy consumption is reduced. An energy model of the building was generated and in the design stages of the building compared to a notional building model. The building design demonstrated an improvement over a SANS 10400 notional building.
- Provision is made to ensure all individual spaces or enclosed spaces are individually switched with occupancy sensors. This will offer greater flexibility for light switching, making it easy to light only occupied areas.
- The office lighting design ensures the use of artificial lighting with minimal energy consumption as the energy use of less than 1.5 W/m² per 100 Lux was set for the office lighting power densities.
- A high level of thermal comfort is ensured by addressing the internal operative temperatures through modelling and ensuring they are within the ASHRAE Standard 55-2004 Acceptability Limits for at least 98% of occupied hours.
- Tobacco smoke is prohibited inside the building to ensure air quality benefits to the building occupants.
- All selected gaseous and fire suppression systems and thermal insulants used for the development have an Ozone Depleting Potential (ODP) of zero, to eliminate any contributions to long-term damage to the earth’s stratospheric ozone layer.
- Evaporative cooling towers or other evaporative cooling systems that creates the risk of legionella disease are eliminated from the design of the building.
- The building achieves a savings through the use of water efficient fittings that limit the occupant water usage.
- Potable water consumption for landscape irrigation has been reduced through selection of waterwise plants.
- A project specific Waste Management Plan was developed and implemented to minimise the contribution of waste going to landfill. And reduce the environmental impact of the project.
- The building is designed to reduce the consumption of potable water for the building’s fire protection and essential water storage systems.
Address: Building 3 and 4, Oxford & Glenhove, 112 Oxford Rd, Rosebank, Johannesburg, 2196
Total gross floor area: 7115 m²
Total commercial office area: 7115 m²
Car parking area: 12539 m²
Total gross floor area: 3884 m²
Total commercial office area: 3884 m²
Car parking area: 7124 m²
OWNER: Barrow Construction (PTY) Ltd
ACCREDITED PROFFESSIONAL: Solid Green Consulting cc
ARCHITECT: LYT Architects
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER: One Zero Consulting
FIRE ENGINEER: TWCE Fire Protection Engineers
LIFT SPECIALIST: Kone
MECHANICAL ENGINEER: Adaptive Resources Engineers
QUANTITY SURVEYORS: Barrow Construction (PTY) Ltd
STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS: Kantey & Templer
SUSTAINABLE DESIGN REVIEW: Solid Green Consulting
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CONSULTANT: Solid Green Consulting
WET SERVICES: Sutherland Engineers
MAIN CONTRACTOR: Barrow Construction (PTY) Ltd
PROJECT MANAGER: LYT Architects
- 4-Star Green Star SA Office v1.1 Design
- Rosebank, Barrow Construction