Standard Bank Global Leadership Centre
Located in Morningside in close vicinity to the Sandton CBD, the Standard Bank Global Leadership Centre is a hotel and training facility hosting for Standard Bank staff and guest delegates from South Africa and abroad, with a 5 Star Green Star SA Existing Building Performance v1 certification.7
The Standard Bank GLC is located in Morningside in close vicinity to the Sandton CBD.
In April 2018, the Standard Bank Global Leadership Centre (GLC) achieved a 5-Star Green Star Existing Building Performance (EBP) v1 rating, an improvement over its initial 2015 4-Star EBP Pilot rating.
The GLC is a hotel and training facility hosting training and conferences for Standard Bank staff and guest delegates from South Africa and abroad. As a training and conference facility the GLC boasts an impressive range of facilities, including an auditorium, lecture rooms, library and technology facilities, lounge and social room. It also boasts a superb 151 room hotel where delegates are accommodated during training.
The gardens at the Standard Bank GLC are a great attraction with mostly indigenous plants in a rolling landscape with ponds, and a running/walking track for the enjoyment of the building occupants. A vegetable garden has also been established with organic produce that supplies the GLC kitchen with some fresh vegetables and herbs.
The GLC is accessible from the Sandton Gautrain station via bus or via a GLC shuttle.
Sustainable building features include
- The First building of its kind to implement the ISO50001 certification in Africa
- Building management system (BMS) enabling effective monitoring of all the building’s systems.
- Lighting replacement programme for the overhaul of the entire facility from incandescent to LED lights.
- Indoor air quality testing in all occupied spaces
- Building audits assess the efficacy of green cleaning products.
- More than 80% of building occupants are highly satisfied with their working environment in terms of physical comfort
- Extensive recycling and waste management.
- Landscaping that consists mainly of indigenous or adapted plants.
Address: 415 Summit Road, Morningside, Johannesburg
Total gross floor area: 29330 m2
Total commercial office area: 18830 m2
Car parking area: 10500 m2
OWNER: Standard Bank
OHS CONSULTANT: SeniNhle Occupational Health Services
WASTE MANAGEMENT: Bin Clean, DM Scrap Metal and Recycle, Clear Data
BUILDING FACILITIES MANAGEMENT: Standard Bank; Bidvest Facilities Management
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CONSULTANT: Solid Green Consulting
LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT: Servest Landscaping
PEST MANAGEMENT: Rid-It Pest Control
4-Star Green Star SA EBP Pilot
5-Star Green Star SA EBP v1
- Morningside, Johannesburg