Lakeview Phase II
Lakeview Phase II, a new office development in Constantia Kloof, Roodepoort, has achieved a 4 Star- Green Star SA Office v1.1 Design Rating with Solid Green as the Sustainable Building Consultant.7
Lakeview Phase II Office Development achieved a 4 Star- Green Star SA Office v1.1 Design Rating. This is a commendable sustainable achievement and is recognised as ‘Best Practice’. The building comprises of three basement levels; Lower, Middle and Upper Basement, and four office levels; Ground Floor to Third Floor. The office building forms part of Phase II of the Office Park development.
For the project to obtain the rating individual sustainable initiatives were required to be met. Some of the sustainable features are highlighted below:
Sustainable building features include
- Using energy modelling an annual benchmark for energy consumption has been set a 160 kWh /m2/ per annum. The project has achieved an 45% improvement over SANS 204 Notional Building model.
- Sub-metering of major energy consuming systems is in place. Gathering information is key to understanding and managing building systems and to assess opportunities for energy savings. The behaviour of occupants and users of the building are critical to reduce the energy consumption of the building.
- Provision is made to ensure all individual spaces or enclosed spaces are individually switched with occupancy sensors. This will offer greater flexibility for light switching, making it easy to light only occupied areas.
- The project saves energy by providing office lighting that is not over designed. This is achieved as the office lighting design achieves an average maintained illuminance level of no more than 400 Lux .
- The office lighting design ensures the use of artificial lighting with minimal energy consumption as the energy use of 2 W/m² per 100 Lux was set for the office lighting power densities.
Indoor Environmental Quality:
- A high level of thermal comfort is ensured by addressing the internal operative temperatures through modelling and ensuring they are within the ASHRAE Standard 55-2004 Acceptability Limits for at least 98% of occupied hours
- Tobacco smoke is prohibited inside the building to ensure air quality benefits to the building occupants.
- All selected gaseous and fire suppression systems and thermal insulants used for the development have an Ozone Depleting Potential (ODP) of zero, to eliminate any contributions to long-term damage to the earth’s stratospheric ozone layer.
- A project specific Environmental Management Plan was developed and implemented throughout the duration of construction to establish guidelines to follow to minimise the environmental impact associated with construction activities.
- A project specific Waste Management Plan was developed and implemented to minimise the contribution of waste going to landfill. And reduce the environmental impact of the project.
- The building achieves a savings using water efficient fittings that limit the occupant water usage to 0.39L/day/m2
- Sub-metering of major water consuming systems is in place. Gathering information is key to understanding and managing building systems and to assess opportunities for water savings.
- The building is designed to reduce the consumption of potable water for the building’s fire protection and essential water storage systems
- The development is designed to minimize storm water run-off and minimize the pollution of the natural watercourses.
Address: 16 Constantia Blvd., Constantia Kloof, Roodepoort, 1709
Total gross floor area: 12542.58 m2
Total commercial office area: GFA: 12542.58 UA: 11087
Car parking area: 12879.82 m2
ACCREDITED PROFFESSIONAL Solid Green Consulting
ARCHITECT MWLF Architects
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER Claassen Auret
FIRE ENGINEER IFE SA International Fire Engineering
LIFT SPECIALIST Quality in Motion
MECHANICAL ENGINEER Spoormakers and Partners
QUANTITY SURVEYORS Quanticost
STRUCTURAL / CIVIL ENGINEERS WSP
SUSTAINABLE DESIGN REVIEW Solid Green Consulting
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING CONSULTANT Solid Green Consulting
WET SERVICES MWLF Architects
MAIN CONTRACTOR Tiber
PROJECT MANAGER Abland
LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT Connie Pretorius Landscaping
IRRIGATION CONSULTANT Controlled Irrigation cc
- 4-STAR GREEN STAR SA OFFICE V1.1 DESIGN
- Constantia Kloof, Roodepoort