BCX Durban 1
1 Frosterley Park building is situated in an office park but is a separate stand-alone building of 2 storeys with basement parking, some surface parking and landscaped gardens.7
It is multi-tenanted and 3 office wings connected by 2 foyers with stairs and communal ablutions. The orientation is 45° east of north and it is well connected to the transportation nodes. The building is managed by an in-house team of facilities managers of the owner.
Sustainable Building Features
- A building user’s guide for occupants/tenants and a useful building operations manual for the facilities manager are both operational.
- The Indoor Environment measured confirmed good levels of fresh-air being maintained and
lighting comfort is provided by retrofitted electronic ballast energy efficient luminaires.
- The building shape and space planning also provides good daylight and views.
- Energy consumption data measured during the performance period has shown a EWP score of 6/10.
- A Green Travel Plan, Procurement and Purchasing Policy, Landscape-, as well as an Integrated Pest Management Plan were developed for occupants, managers and service providers
Address: 1 Frosterley Crescent, La Lucia Ridge, Kwa-Zulu Natal
Total gross floor area: 2 937.74 m²
Total commercial office area: 2 508.80 m²
Car parking area: 679.82 m²
OWNER: Growthpoint Properties
ACCREDITED PROFFESSIONAL: Solid Green Consulting
- 4-Star Green Star SA EBP v1
- La Lucia Ridge, Growthpoint Properties